At Prevex, we have worked towards lowering our carbon emissions for a long time already. Following the guidelines set by the GHG Protocol, we have managed to lower our annual operational CO2 emissions with as much as 89% compared to 2018.
Back in 2019, our Finnish factory switched to 100% climate neutral energy, and in 2021, our Polish factory followed the example. Since then, Prevex’s water traps have been produced using a varying mix of climate neutral energy sources like wind, sun, hydro and nuclear power. These actions have helped us lower our operational emissions with as much as 89% compared to 2018.
We have also made other measures to lower the carbon footprint of our operations. In 2020, we installed a heat pump in our Finnish factory, which makes use of the surplus energy generated during production. Annually, this saves an equivalent of 745 MWh in district heating.
That same year, we also installed solar panels on the walls of our production facility in Finland. Under optimal conditions, the panels provide all the electricity needed for our office facilities nearby.
In 2023, Prevex will reach operational carbon neutrality. This goal is achieved through compensating for the remaining part of our direct and indirect CO2 emissions. As we have already lowered these emissions by 89%, the compensation will concern the remaining 11% in 2023. Thanks to further improvements, the amount of compensation will be only 5% in 2025.
Read more about our principles for climate compensation
The next step on our journey towards carbon neutrality is to gradually introduce recycled raw materials in both products and packaging. This work started in early 2022, when our best-selling water trap Smartloc was introduced in a new version containing 45% recycled polypropylene (rPP). Our other water traps soon followed.
We aim to gradually increase the amount of rPP in products – in 2025, 90% of the raw material will be rPP. At the same time, we have also switched to recycled plastic in our packaging. All these measures will help us further reduce our CO2 emissions.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
This website uses the following additional cookies:
(List the cookies that you are using on the website here.)